Sr. Graphic Designer
The Sr. Graphic Designer works closely with a diverse team of creative and art directors, web developers, medical writers, project managers, and agency partners to translate scientific and brand objectives into an engaging visual story. They are responsible for complete multi-faceted projects from kick-off to fulfillment and may direct the work of designers and design associates. They can manage multiple projects and deadlines while remaining flexible through multiple revisions with strong attention to detail. Reporting to the Creative Director, this individual must be a solutions oriented, self-directed individual with outstanding communication and teaming skills.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and contribute to group meetings and brainstorm sessions; offering ideas and solutions
- Direct and manage entire print production process from obtaining estimates to final approval
- Develop concepts and solutions that fit within the client’s brand and business objectives, scientific and educational objectives, budget, and timeline.
- Translate Scientific and brand objectives into an engaging visual story
- Provide brand oversight to project deliverables to ensure compliance with branding guidelines; may create new designs for brands based on client specifications
- Prioritize, manage and execute multi-piece project deliverables to meet associated deadlines
- Create and provide quotes for deliverables
- Mentor and direct the work of design associates for assigned projects
- Prepare art for use in digital media, collaborating with web designers/developers
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors
- Liaise with other members of the graphic design team to maximize creativity and excellence in performance and delivery
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Word, and PowerPoint on a PC and Mac
- Expert in print production and complex legal approval processes – like Veeva
- Outstanding ability in layout composition, typography and color theory
- Multimedia design/3D experience
- HTML or web design skill a plus but not necessary
To be successful in a career position, an individual must not only be able to perform the essential functions of the job, but also excel at them in an expert manner. The following are essential to success:
- Exemplification of FORCE attributes: This is the essence of FORCE. Every individual member of the team embodies these characteristics. These attributes include passion for success, accountability, sound judgement, adaptability, professionalism, creativity and innovation, ethical work with integrity, quality, and caring.
- Excellent/intermediate Communication skills: The ability to effectively communicate is vital to success. These skills include speaking and writing clearly and effectively balancing both listening and talking in conversations and meetings, being resilient in difficult situations, presenting effectively to the needs of the intended audience, and giving and receiving feedback for continuous improvement
- Excellent/intermediate Relationship management skills: Relationship Management centers on an individual’s ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support the organization. These skills include being attentive to the customer’s needs, collaboration with teammates, leadership, the ability to influence, identifying and solving problems, working through conflicts by encouraging open communication, strategic thinking, and effective delegation.
Bachelor’s degree in visual communication with 6 or more years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in medical education, pharmaceutical marketing/advertising and/or healthcare marketing/advertising