Department: Account Management
Reports to: Senior Director, Account Management Team
The Account Director is responsible for communicating and consulting with marketing, medical, sales, education, and training associates and managers within the pharmaceutical/ healthcare marketplace. This individual will consult with product marketing teams in the development of cost-effective communications strategies to educate and change behavior of a defined target audience. This position will also develop and present business proposals to existing and new marketing and medical clients to expand our existing client business. This role is responsible for managing client expectations, physician opinion leaders, and strategic partners along with collaborating with operations and scientific innovations teams in fulfillment of multiple projects.
- Provides guidance to improve colleagues’ knowledge of FORCE products, services, and operational processes
- Identify and foster the development of client relationships in established and emerging accounts
- Provide recommendations based upon experience in various product lifecycle models, communication offerings, product marketing, and competitive/external environmental factors
- Initiate strategic planning with the client within assigned accounts. Responsible for brand planning, calls with AORs, and proactive account recommendations
- Leads the development of service/product offerings
- Leads responses to brand-driven RFPs, offering options for additional deliverables that will enable client to better achieve stated goal by expanding scope; able to lead responses to company-driven RFPs; trains and mentors Account Managers on basic skills
- Has deep knowledge of the operational aspects of FORCE services, with expertise in most service offerings and across multiple client accounts; initiates process improvements for improved customer delivery
- Relays, explains and expands upon client expectations, budgets, and scope of work; anticipates team questions and needs; and identifies opportunities to improve upon the final product, within budget
- Conducts business review meetings with clients; presents feedback to internal team
- Support the organization in SOP maintenance and development
- Create, present and execute marketing strategies and proposals for existing and new clients
- Educates team on appropriate application of competitive, regulatory and governmental environments impacting client and projects
- Update all corporate finance documents for new account forecasts and existing account non-secured forecasts
- Contribute to corporate and department level initiatives
- Travel to client and offsite locations to manage meetings and events
To be successful in a career position, an individual must not only be able to perform the essential functions of the job, but also excel at them in an expert manner. The following are essential to success:
- Exemplification of FORCE attributes: This is the essence of FORCE. Every individual member of the team embodies these characteristics. These attributes include passion for success, accountability, sound judgement, adaptability, professionalism, creativity and innovation, ethical work with integrity, quality, and caring.
- Proficient/advanced Communication skills: The ability to effectively communicate is vital to success. These skills include speaking and writing clearly and effectively balancing both listening and talking in conversations and meetings, being resilient in difficult situations, presenting effectively to the needs of the intended audience, and giving and receiving feedback for continuous improvement
- Proficient/advanced Relationship management skills: Relationship Management centers on an individual’s ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support the organization. These skills include being attentive to the customer’s needs, collaboration with teammates, leadership, the ability to influence, identifying and solving problems, working through conflicts by encouraging open communication, strategic thinking, and effective delegation.
Education and experience requirements:
College degree (advanced degree a plus) with 9+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in medical education, pharmaceutical marketing, and/or pharmaceutical advertising.