Project Manager - Level I
Department: Client Services
Reports to: Director, Client Services
The Project Manager – Level I supports the project team by executing assigned tactical and reporting functions. Working closely with other project managers and cross-functional teams, this individual helps ensure our partners’ goals are achieved on time, on budget, and with unparalleled quality that leads to an outstanding client and faculty experience.
- Supports project team lead in the development of internal meeting agendas
- Supports project team lead in the development of client meeting agendas
- Is accountable for capturing meeting notes and following up on action items
- Maintains accurate and complete data in various databases to support project plan execution
- Updates project plans as needed
- Inputs and maintains project timelines
- Uses internal and client systems to obtain and provide information
- Is responsible for routing deliverables to cross-functional team members for approval
- Builds knowledge of compliance rules and follows best-practice guidelines
- Develops a broad understanding of the agency model, budgets, and billable hours
- Assists team in scheduling and facilitating conference calls and meetings
- Assists project team lead with budget reconciliation as needed
- Follows specific client processes and requirements for events, including but not limited to:
- Coordination of staff and faculty air travel, ground transportation, and hotel reservations, research of venues and destinations, and development of onsite materials, onsite signage, and event overviews
- Obtaining of project-required data on faculty/participants within compliance guidelines
- Management of registration/confirmation process for assigned projects
- Initiation and administration of project-related payment/reimbursement processes to ensure timely and complete faculty and vendor payments
- Assists project team lead with the overall project quality control process
- Supports office administrator as backup for answering corporate phone
- Accomplishes all work in a timely and accurate manner
To be successful in a career position, an individual must not only be able to perform the essential functions of the job, but also excel at them in an expert manner. The following are essential to success:
- Exemplification of FORCE attributes: This is the essence of FORCE. Every individual member of the team embodies these characteristics. These attributes include passion for success, accountability, sound judgement, adaptability, professionalism, creativity and innovation, ethical work with integrity, quality, and caring.
- Good/basic Communication skills: The ability to effectively communicate is vital to success. These skills include speaking and writing clearly and effectively balancing both listening and talking in conversations and meetings, being resilient in difficult situations.
- Good/basic Relationship management skills: Relationship Management centers on an individual’s ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support the organization. These skills include being attentive to the customer’s needs and collaboration with teammates.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and/or two years of project coordination experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Healthcare industry (pharmaceutical/medical device) a plus.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States as our organization does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position.