Department: Account Management
Reports to: Senior Director, Account Management Team
The Account Manager is responsible for communicating and consulting with marketing, medical, sales, education, and training associates and managers within the pharmaceutical/ healthcare marketplace. This individual will consult with product marketing teams in the development of cost-effective communications strategies to educate and change behavior of a defined target audience. This position will also develop and present business proposals to existing marketing and medical clients in order to expand our existing client business. This role is responsible for managing client expectations, physician opinion leaders, and strategic partners along with collaborating with operations and scientific innovations teams in fulfillment of multiple projects.
- Lead and manage the development of client relationships in existing accounts
- Consult with internal cross functional team leadership to define and fulfill project within goals, timelines, budget, and staffing requirements
- Translate client strategy to internal cross-functional teams for implementation and execution of project objectives
- Relays and ensures alignment to client expectations, budgets, and scope of work and evaluates potential solutions when client and team expectations differ
- Accountable for obtaining all appropriate client approvals in partnership with internal team stakeholders
- Gain a deep understanding of product lifecycle models, communication offerings, product marketing, and competitive/external environmental factors
- Participate in business reviews, strategic planning, client debriefs and provide tactical recommendations within assigned accounts
- Develop, communicate, and manage business forecasts and client targets within assigned accounts
- Develops proposals and budget estimates for assigned accounts
- Become well educated in the appropriate regulatory and governmental environments impacting client and projects
- Has high-level knowledge of the operational aspects of FORCE services, with deep expertise in multiple service areas or across multiple client accounts
- Travel to client and offsite events as necessary for position
To be successful in a career position, an individual must not only be able to perform the essential functions of the job, but also excel at them in an expert manner. The following are essential to success:
- Exemplification of FORCE attributes: This is the essence of FORCE. Every individual member of the team embodies these characteristics. These attributes include passion for success, accountability, sound judgement, adaptability, professionalism, creativity and innovation, ethical work with integrity, quality, and caring.
- Good/basic Communication skills: The ability to effectively communicate is vital to success. These skills include speaking and writing clearly and effectively balancing both listening and talking in conversations and meetings, being resilient in difficult situations, presenting effectively to the needs of the intended audience, and giving and receiving feedback for continuous improvement
- Good/basic Relationship management skills: Relationship Management centers on an individual’s ability to manage interactions to provide service and to support the organization. These skills include being attentive to the customer’s needs, collaboration with teammates, leadership, identifying and solving problems, working through conflicts by encouraging open communication, and effective delegation. Relationship management skills of influence and strategic thinking are entry level and emerging.
Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in marketing, communications, or advertising with 5+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and agency experience in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, or medical industry.
Periodic travel to client sites may occur. This includes clients in Indianapolis, or other locations throughout the country.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States as our organization does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position. We participate in e-verify.